It was a long journey home after the conference and I had time to reflect and start to think how I was going to implement some of the things I had seen, heard, discussed, considered…
My action plan:
- Students as questioners, not tellers: using Rosie’s ideas in my Y12 planning.
- Sharing what I’ve learned with colleagues back at school.
- Risk-taking: I need to look for my next challenge and that might involve taking a gamble. (No more ‘if only’ regrets!)
- Looking at my planning at how I can incorporate some of David’s ideas.
- Next year’s KS3 schemes need an overhaul. What better time to think about explicitly teaching grammar?
- Promote TeachMeet Liverpool – networking is so valuable.
- Blog more and read more blogs.
- Try to recapture some of the sheer exuberance and joy for teaching that was present – it can get lost amongst the daily grind (aka exam season!)
Thanks to everyone at #TLAB13.
You made me think, reflect, reconsider and laugh, lots.