I’m starting to get excited about the next academic year. Is this normal?
I just can’t help being enthused by the thought of fresh starts, new classes, new modules to teach, new pupils and new challenges. I love that I get to have this new year buzz in the middle of the calendar year too; it’s so much easier to be positive & optimistic when the sun is shining than in mid-winter!
So, I am starting myself a to do list for next year, so I can keep track of all my proposed good intentions. Here goes:
- Fully integrate Moodle into my own working practice & then encourage full department participation
- Research Masters courses for 2011
- Make my SmartBoard my new best friend – get to grips with the software upgrade & use it! (Not long had it fully operational so have got out of habit of using it.)
- Go to the annual NATE conference & any regional events where possible
- Build up my PLN – attend TeachMeets, participate fully in #ukedchat on Twitter, learn lots generally from networking with other teachers
- Build on the Kagan training I attended this year
- Launch the ESB qualification
- Start up the A Level Book Club
- Make it a habit to share web-based ideas/innovations with rest of my dept at our meetings
I was thinking I’d keep this in draft form and add to it until complete, however I think there is more of an incentive in publishing it and then adding to it.
So, my new academic year’s resolutions. I cannot wait to get started!